As ChatGPT has quickly accelerated in popularity almost everyone has run into this frustrating error: ‘ChatGPT Internal Server Error ‘, as well as the errors ‘ChatGPT is at capacity right now’ and ‘ChatGPT Network Error on Long Responses‘ where ChatGPT just becomes unusable. There are a few simple steps to resolve these errors in order to keep generating content- read on for more.
Why am I Getting ‘ChatGPT Internal Server Error’, ‘ChatGPT is at capacity right now‘ or ‘Chat GPT Network Error on Long Responses‘?
Basically OpenAI.com could not have imagined the absolutely stunning response to the release of ChatGPT in November of 2022. Since then it has become a commonplace experience for everyone that occasionally you cannot use the service with one or all of the following error messages:
- ChatGPT Internal Server Error (as well as Internal Server Error ChatGPT)
- ChatGPT Network Error on Long Responses
- ChatGPT is at capacity right now
What Steps Can I Take to Resolve These Errors?
- OpenAI.com recently enabled the ability to create a free account in exchange for your basic info (email, name etc). In theory, that should give you some priority. Go to “Sign Up” and set up your free account (see above).
- Try a different browser. We have consistently seen that in certain browsers at certain times (e.g. Microsoft Edge) ChatGPT has produced this and other errors like ‘ChatGPT is at capacity right now‘ and ‘ChatGPT Network Error on Long Responses‘
- If those options do not work, you can try creating one of the new ChatGPT Plus accounts. For $20 p/month, it should solve all the off this issue (including the errors ‘ChatGPT Network Error on Long Responses‘ and ‘ChatGPT is at capacity right now‘).
How Do I Upgrade to ChatGPT Plus?
For whatever reason, OpenAI does not make it easy or intuitive to buy this ChatGPT Plus service. You would think you could link from the page below, but at the moment you cannot. Here are the steps to create and upgrade your account.
- Create an account, or login to your existing account here.
- Once you are logged in, at the bottom left of your page (at this URL https://chat.openai.com/chat) you will see the link “Upgrade to Plus”, as shown in the image below:
Once you have clicked that this screen will appear for your to sign up:
Alternatives To ChatGP
The best alternative, and frankly it is a great one from our experience, is Jasper.ai. It has used the Large Language Model (LLM) from OpenAI for a long time, as well as incorporating other LLM models. It has all the capabilities of ChatGPT, but many more geared specifically toward content creation across things like blog writing, social media posts, marketing copy and more. It also is much more user friendly in the sense that it is purpose built for business users in this context. And for the record we do not get any referrals from Jasper.ai, we just think the service is great. We ended up using it at here at Graphable.ai when ChatGPT kept going down.
What is OpenAI Doing to Improve This Situation?
It is estimated that OpenAI was spending about $100,000 p/day on ChatGPT in late 2022. Allegedly that has increased to $200,000+ p/day in 2023. Combined with other errors like ‘ChatGPT is at capacity right now‘ and ‘ChatGPT Network Error on Long Responses’, and the significant market opportunity OpenAI decided to release ChatGPT Plus for $20 a month as mentioned above which should take care of most of this issue. Lastly, Microsoft has invested $10 billion in OpenAI’s ChatGPT, which should massively impact ChatGPTs ability to scale as it becomes more and more popular.
Read the following to better understand where your organization may be in the analytics maturity model stages and how that could relate to initiatives around ChatGPT.
Read Related LLM Articles:
- AI in Drug Discovery – Harnessing the Power of LLMs
- AI consulting guidebook
- What is ChatGPT? A Complete Explanation
- Domo custom apps using Domo DDX Bricks with the assistance of ChatPGT
- Resolution for various ChatGPT errors, including ChatGPT Internal Server Error
- Understanding Large Language Models (LLMs)
- What are Graph Algorithms?
- What is Neo4j Graph Data Science?
- What is ChatGPT? A Complete Explanation
- ChatGPT for Analytics: Getting Access & 6 Valuable Use Cases
- What is Prompt Engineering? Unlock the value of LLMs
- LLM Pipelines / Graph Data Science Pipelines / Data Science Pipeline Steps
- Using a Named Entity Recognition LLM in a Biomechanics Use Case
- What is Databricks? For data warehousing, data engineering, and data science
- Databricks Architecture – A Clear and Concise Explanation