Software Architect / Project Lead
What is it like to work at Graphable?
We are relentlessly pursuing the goal of creating vibrant, healthy and rewarding culture here at Graphable, all in the context of a 100% remote work environment. Because we don’t have the chance to interact around a traditional office, we work hard to create opportunities to grow our relationships and cohesiveness as a team through various means, including regular virtual “pubs” where we all get together at the end of a workday and shoot the breeze over a beer or your beverage of choice, as well as other forums such as our annual in-person team get-togethers.
To guide the unusually fast growth of our company, we are all committed to our well-documented and regularly shared purpose statement which is:
Delight our clients through unusual excellence.
Graphable is hiring for the role of Software Architect / Project Lead, to architect our most complex cloud-based AppDev / Neo4j projects, and then lead and guide them to successful and profitable completion. This role requires a professional that has real experience successfully architecting and leading projects from start to finish.
Candidates should be able to think strategically, analyze well, intuit problem areas/unknowns, and quote project delivery timelines accurately. They should be able to communicate consistently, crisply and clearly, and be able to communicate well with technical, business and executive stakeholders internally and externally. They must be strong, natural communicators who understand the impact of their plans and actions to all stakeholders.
This role requires strong customer-facing skills and an ability and desire to interact with customers in a pre-sales capacity. The candidate be comfortable shouldering the ultimate responsibility for their architectures and the delivery through the team of consultants, while delivering on time and at or under budget.
- Evaluates and guides scalable, testable, and reliable architecture and subsequent development of a project
- Leading software development projects
- Staying abreast of the latest technologies and industry trends to serve the interests and needs of Graphable and our clients
- Espouses the benefits of CI/CD (Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery) and assists product teams in implementing and maintaining those tools
- Generalist with the ability to ramp up quickly on new stacks, Graphable clients may be in GCP, Azure and leverage a wide collection of technologies. Applicant will need a solid understanding of the basic interactions between all levels of an application stack to quickly ramp up, understand, and guide them on the best direction
- Planning, tracking and scheduling software deliverables
- Strong interpersonal skills, customer-facing skills and an ability and desire to interact with customers in a pre-sales capacity.
Experience and Skills Requirements
- Minimum 3 years experience, ideally 5 to 10 years
- Familiarity and interest in serverless (Lambda) architectures
- Experience with AWS infrastructure specifically, including Cognito, Lambda, EC2 etc. and making it all work together
- Deep understanding of software engineering and established best practices
- Interest in Graph Databases, Neo4j specifically
- Proficient with one or more of our core technologies (Web, API, Backend, Test Engineering)
- Familiarity with infrastructure as code best practices, including standard frameworks/tools such as AWS CDK, SST, Serverless
Graphable Core Values
- Excellent - Set a higher standard and continuously refine.
- Focused - Ensure everything we do contributes to company goals.
- Quietly Confident - Demonstrate confidence. Be right, be quiet about it, march on.
- Always Learning - Seek and thrive on feedback. Failure is an opportunity. Deepen current expertise. Gain new expertise.
- Team Focused - Be considerate, ethical, hard-working, value diverse perspectives. Care personally. Challenge directly.®
- 40 hours per week of logged time (billable, non-billable, and OOO time)
- 32+ hours per week of billable time
- Complete 100% of chosen/assigned quarterly rocks (rocks concept from book Traction)
- 8.5+ Client NPS for all projects where Consultant is Project Lead
- 100% of Active projects receive Project Status email weekly
Benefits subject to change, but include:
- Remote work
- 100% covered health, vision, dental benefits
- Unlimited, flexible PTO
- 9 paid company days off
- 401k plan
How to apply
- Apply and upload your resume in the form to the right
- Application is reviewed
- Interview with a hiring manager
- Interview with the team (you'll get a sense of who you'd be working with).
- Prior employment and any other required verification check(s).